I surprised myself by not rushing to the store to buy out all their pink outfits. For one reason, I had a wonderful cousin who was really crossing her fingers for a girl because after her three, she was done. She had a ton of girl clothes and I was happy to take them off of her hands! Another reason that I didn't run to the store to go shopping was that I had a party to plan. I was having our family over for our "Gender Party" (carefully named because "Sex Party" seemed to insinuate a little different meaning. Ha!) So, I went to the grocery store and bought stuff for enchiladas, a cake, and some balloons. Here comes the planner in me again because I wanted everyone to find out at the same time. The idea was to fill an empty box with helium balloons and have my little cousin open it and then, taaadaaa! It's a girl! A little cheesy but I think everyone enjoyed it. The party went off without a hitch and everyone was so excited. It was a little expected since my mom's side has a running streak of ALL girls! In 4 generations and 10 kids, they were all girls. I was happy to continue the tradition although we were surprised that it's still going. On my husband's side, it seemed to be about even with boys and girls, so we were going to break the tie either way. I have always wanted a little girl of my own so, now I had my girl. I went to sleep one happy mommy that night. This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Lillian. When I was 34 weeks pregnant in April 2012, she unexpectedly passed away. Her life was short but she will forever live in our hearts. Her story is still being written.
Monday, June 11, 2012
Pink or Blue?
Waiting to find out the sex of the baby was close to torturous. Like I said before, I'm a planner! How can I go shopping and pick out the cutest clothes if I don't know who I'm shopping for?? I did buy a few neutral things but I'm a definitely a "pink" gal and if my baby was a girl, she is going to be decked out! So when 18 weeks finally arrived, I was about to jump outta my skin with excitement. I worked for half a day and I swear there were butterflies in my stomach all morning. The time finally came to go to my doctor's appointment and Brian met me there. We sat in the waiting room anxiously waiting. I LOVED seeing the baby on the monitor so it was even better that we would find out the sex too! After what seemed like forever, we finally got to called back to get our ultrasound. Of course the technician took her sweet time doing measurements and making sure everything was in order. I'm pretty sure she was enjoying making us wait until the end until she finally asked, "If I can determine the sex, do you want to know?" Ummmm, YES!! Get to it lady!! Finally. We were going to know if we had a precious little girl to start our family or a handsome little man. She told us, "Looks like you have a little girl." Oh MY GOSH!! I had pink, flowers, bows,sparkles, princesses, and tiaras dancing around in my head. A little girl. I had a feeling that she was a girl the whole time but now i knew! Brian was so excited. I don't think he had visions of tea parties and dress up like I did, but was so thrilled nonetheless. We didn't have any names picked out yet but we could call her a "she" at least! The poor girl had a lot of nicknames but no real name yet. We decided to make a list of "maybes" and when the time came for her to join us, we'd choose one that was fitting. I wasn't sure at the time why I wanted to wait to name her but now know the reason. The day before she was born, God gave us her name. But, that story's for a later time.
I surprised myself by not rushing to the store to buy out all their pink outfits. For one reason, I had a wonderful cousin who was really crossing her fingers for a girl because after her three, she was done. She had a ton of girl clothes and I was happy to take them off of her hands! Another reason that I didn't run to the store to go shopping was that I had a party to plan. I was having our family over for our "Gender Party" (carefully named because "Sex Party" seemed to insinuate a little different meaning. Ha!) So, I went to the grocery store and bought stuff for enchiladas, a cake, and some balloons. Here comes the planner in me again because I wanted everyone to find out at the same time. The idea was to fill an empty box with helium balloons and have my little cousin open it and then, taaadaaa! It's a girl! A little cheesy but I think everyone enjoyed it. The party went off without a hitch and everyone was so excited. It was a little expected since my mom's side has a running streak of ALL girls! In 4 generations and 10 kids, they were all girls. I was happy to continue the tradition although we were surprised that it's still going. On my husband's side, it seemed to be about even with boys and girls, so we were going to break the tie either way. I have always wanted a little girl of my own so, now I had my girl. I went to sleep one happy mommy that night.
I surprised myself by not rushing to the store to buy out all their pink outfits. For one reason, I had a wonderful cousin who was really crossing her fingers for a girl because after her three, she was done. She had a ton of girl clothes and I was happy to take them off of her hands! Another reason that I didn't run to the store to go shopping was that I had a party to plan. I was having our family over for our "Gender Party" (carefully named because "Sex Party" seemed to insinuate a little different meaning. Ha!) So, I went to the grocery store and bought stuff for enchiladas, a cake, and some balloons. Here comes the planner in me again because I wanted everyone to find out at the same time. The idea was to fill an empty box with helium balloons and have my little cousin open it and then, taaadaaa! It's a girl! A little cheesy but I think everyone enjoyed it. The party went off without a hitch and everyone was so excited. It was a little expected since my mom's side has a running streak of ALL girls! In 4 generations and 10 kids, they were all girls. I was happy to continue the tradition although we were surprised that it's still going. On my husband's side, it seemed to be about even with boys and girls, so we were going to break the tie either way. I have always wanted a little girl of my own so, now I had my girl. I went to sleep one happy mommy that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am trying to comment! I hope this works!
ReplyDeleteLol! We fixed it!
DeleteYay!
DeleteI remember having a feeling Lillian was going to be a girl. There is still that note with all the guesses of who thought what gender she would be floating around somewhere. It was pretty evenly split. We would have been happy either way but you made it fun and exciting with the gender party!
ReplyDelete