I got word last week that Lillian's marker was installed. I wanted to high tail it to the cemetery but then decided that I could wait one more hour till my husband got home from work. Instead I ran through Target and found some silk flowers to bring to put in the vases. I headed home and waited for Brian to get home and as soon as he set foot in the door, I greeted him with, "Heyguesswhattheyputintoday!! They put Lillian's marker in! Let's go!" I grabbed the flowers and my camera and whisked my husband in a 180 and we headed out the door. I was so excited to see it finally. I KNEW it would be beautiful but I still wondered what the finish product would look like. I was talking my husband's ear off in the short 10 minute ride from our house to the cemetery. When we pulled up, I just grinned! It was absolutely perfect! It is a great size and it really is just what I pictured. It is the last big thing that we had left for her and now I feel like I can breathe a little better. By having the marker there, it shows that time has passed. I now have a really nice headstone to go and sit next to every weekend when we go there. I can't really explain it but it seems to kind of put some closure on that time in our lives and it represents where we're at right now. We're making the transition of recently having lost a baby to now having a child in Heaven. The marker is a tangible reminder that this is something that has happened but it's in the past. Time has moved on and slowly but surely, we have too. We have a beautiful girl waiting in Heaven for us and we will meet her someday.
 |
| The front |
 |
| Back of the headstone and some wind chimes |
 |
| Mommy |
 |
Daddy
|
No comments:
Post a Comment