Friday, August 17, 2012

I won an award! Kinda :P

Remember the wonderful gal I told you about a few posts back?  Destiny nominated my blog for a Liebster award.  A Liebster Award is basically a pat on the back from another blogger and you get to pay it forward.  Here's the rules:
The blogs nominated have to have 200 followers or less
The person who's nominated has to post 11 facts about themselves
Answer the 11 questions that the nominator has given you
Choose 11 people and link them to your blog post
Create 11 questions for the people you tagged
Tell you that you've tagged them on your blog
No tag backs!


Here's the questions asked to me...
1.  What made you decide to start blogging?
      I needed an outlet for all my feelings and thoughts.  I also wanted a way to share all of my stories with everyone throughout this whole process.  Last, I hoped that I could help someone else who may be going through a similar experience.

2.  Who is your target audience and why?
     I mainly want anyone and everyone who wants to get to know our precious baby more to be able to read this.  I love talking about our girl and will tell anyone who will listen!

3.  How often do you publish new posts?
     Whenever I get a new update or think of something else where Lillian has showed up in our lives.

4.  Best piece of advice anyone has ever given you.
     I would say the best thing that anyone has ever said is to trust my instincts.  I have a hard time being wishy washy and not knowing the best decision.  In reality, it always works out best if I listen to my gut instinct.  I'm sure mom was the one that gave me that advice :)

5.  Worst advice anyone has ever given you.
      Hmmmmm... That one won't be as easy.  And I probably +won't name any names if I do think of something :P  .............   Probably some info I was given throughout my pregnancy that was said to be "safe" but later turned out to be controversial.  That had me fuming for a bit.

6.  What is your favorite website aside from social media websites?
      I would have to say  dealdetectingdiva  I'm addicted to coupons and deals and this site is my fav!

7.  What is your favorite restaurant?
      That is such a hard question because I LOVE eating.  Maybe a little too much :P   My favorite casual restaurant is Panera.  My favorite fast food is Arby's.  And my favorite restaurant would probably have to be... Olive Garden.     Okay, now I'm hungry!

8.  What is your favorite vacation place?
      This is going to sound really corny but I would say anywhere as long as my hubby comes with.  One of our favorite things to do is to take a mini vacay just to get away from home for a bit.  Our best vacation would probably be Orlando.  We had a blast!

9.  What is your favorite holiday?
     That is a tough one also.  I'd probably have to pick Easter since the story behind it and since it's close to Lillian's birthday.  Christmas would come in a close 2nd.

10.  What is your biggest fear?
        This is more on a serious note.  My biggest fear would have to be losing another child.  I can't imagine going through anything like this EVER again.  Lots of prayers to get me through my other pregnancies.

11.  What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list?
        This is a good one because I'm obsessed with wanting to go to a glass beach.  You know, those beaches that have glass wash up on shore that has been smoothed out from the ocean?  I know I know, I really dream big :P



11 Fun Facts about myself:

1-I have sensory issues.  If a shirt isn't soft enough, I'll think about it until I can change it.  Also, I love cotton t shirts but it has to be the super soft ones.  If the seams are too big, I've been known to wear my shirts or pants inside out.  I only do that at home of course : )    Yes, I have issues.  This is not news to me.

2-I'm also obsessed with coffee.  It's my addiction.  I may need a drip.

3-I hate, hate, hate it when my husband wears shoes and I'm not.  I have no idea where the heck this came from but when he gets home, I make him take his shoes off.  I feel like he's ready to run out the door.  You can't leave me!!!!

4-I LOVE bargain shopping!  I'm obsessed with couponing.  My favorite outing is going to Dillons, it's like a candy store to me.  I cannot get enough of it and have gone to extremes at times.  Right now we have a healthy relationship but it's a give and take.

5-I reuse ziploc baggies.  (I feel like this is more of a confession, not a "fun fact".  Haha!)

6-It's been a long time since I've bought a gift bag or greeting card.  Sorry.  That bag that I gave you your gift in has been used a few birthdays before yours.  Greeting cards I order for free on a website using free codes that come out occasionally.  I'm currently caught up to birthdays into January right now.

7-I love to bake muffins.  I have no idea where this started from.  I make at least a dozen a week and hide TONS of stuff in them, zucchinni, carrots, apples, bananas, pears, and flax seed.  My hubby loves them though :)

8-I want so badly to have a garden of my own.  I look at people's vegetable gardens while driving down the street and am seriously jealous.  What is wrong with me???

9-My dogs are the ridiculously spoiled.  I have pictures of them hanging in our house and they have a bar in our closet full of their clothes.

10-Some of my favorite shows are Real Housewives of New Jersey, New York City, and Beverly Hills.  I know that these shows are not quality but sometimes it's nice to watch  someone who is crazier than you are!  I also like to watch real life crime shows, my favorite would probably be The First 48.  I'll watch almost anything on TLC or A&E.

11-I love making things.  Whether it be quilts, crafts, food, sewing, or stuff around the home.  I love it!  I'm even trying to convert over to all homemade cleaners.  It's a work in progress.


I'm going to cheat and not nominate anyone for the award because I'm selfish and don't want to share.  Or, I just don't hardly follow any blogs except the girl that nominated me and in the rules it says: "No tag backs!"

So, I humbly accept this Liebster award and want to thank everyone who helped make this possible.  It is truly an honor to receive such a prestigious award such as the Liebster!  Haha, thanks Destiny!  This was fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment