Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pictures are worth a thousand words

If you know me personally, you know that I LOVE taking pictures.  I want to be able to remember special memories and so I'm the one with the camera on vacations, family parties, or whenever.  My pregnancy was definitely a special memory.  Starting at about 20 weeks, I took pictures every week to document my growing belly.  At first Brian happily offered to take the pictures for me since I was trying to pose and take the picture at the same time.  Later, he learned how generous of an offer it was.  This small weekly tradition soon turned bitter.  As I mentioned before, a pregnant woman is a sensitive being.  It quickly turned into a frustrating, never-ending, torturous photo shoot.  It literally took no less than 20 shots each week until I found one that was decent.  Looking back, I'm so grateful to have these pictures but during the time, I was so irritated!  Each week I felt more bloated than the last.  I was convinced that I looked fat, not pregnant!  Brian stayed calm and listened to my barking orders of "not that angle!", "turn the flash off", "how's this??".  Oh the memories... That was soo not fun.  But, I suppose all that matters is that we have documented my pregnancy as best as possible and I'm smiling in the pictures at least!  At least I looked happy right??  



 Here's just a few of them.  LOVE!!  I loved the time I had with her.  I didn't even know her name yet in all these pictures but I felt such a deep love for this little girl that was part of me and part of my hubby.  I miss being pregnant and feeling her kicks.  I miss this little being that I didn't really even get to meet.  Love you Lillian Denae.  I will always hold you in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment