So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing so be kind to me...
I've wanted to share about our life but didn't have a place really to put all my thoughts and be able to share them with those close to us. Facebook is just a little to public for me, so I decided to give blogging a shot. We have had our ups and downs within these last 2 months. Boy have we ever had our downs. I don't really know how we've managed to make it this far really. I don't have any answers for any of this. The only one who has the answers and we can turn to is God. We definitely have turned to Him. We hit our lowest low of our life and the only strength we could muster up is His. I thought that it may be comforting to have everyone who wanted to be able to share in our grief, sadness, confusion, and even happiness. So, here goes nothing...
I wasn't sure on what to start with so I'll just go with what seems with the most logical, the beginning.
The day I found out I was pregnant, I was NOT expecting it! Without having tmi, basically Brian and I knew that I could be pregnant any month. We were happy with where we were in life and had decided to start a family. One day in September 2011, I decided to take a home pregnancy test just to get it over with (I did NOT think I was pregnant for a second) and it was POSITIVE!!! I was ecstatic! I paced back and forth trying to think of a fun way to break the news to Brian but I was so excited I couldn't think of anything. I just grabbed the stick and ran downstairs. I told him, "Honey, we need to talk." So he turned off his game and was trying not to look concerned while racking his brain for anything he could have done wrong to cause this discussion. Finally, I blurted out, "Will you be the father of my children?!?" He was in utter shock. It's funny when you think that you are "ready" for children and you're expecting to be pregnant any time but when said time comes along, all the rational thoughts leave your mind. We shared happy tears and a big hug after the shock wore off. I can't really remember much more to that night except, in an instant our lives changed. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking of myself as a totally different person. We were going to be parents.... Totally overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment