Short post today but I just got back from vacation and have an arm's length of things to do to catch up with all my housework. I will write about her funeral next but I have to find the pictures so I can show you guys how beautiful everything turned out.
This blog is dedicated to my daughter, Lillian. When I was 34 weeks pregnant in April 2012, she unexpectedly passed away. Her life was short but she will forever live in our hearts. Her story is still being written.
Monday, July 16, 2012
Still Missing Her
The three month anniversary of Lillian's death was last week. I cannot believe it has only been 3 months since my precious baby left this world. It is a daily struggle to go on with life even though life goes on without me. Over the weekend my family and I went on a vacation to see some relatives in Oklahoma. We had a great time and enjoyed being together for a four day weekend but, I couldn't get past feeling like someone was missing. Every time I thought someone was missing, I'd look up and count everyone, 8 people. Everyone was obviously there but my heart always reminds me that there is one missing. I can't shake the feeling of someone being missing from my family. I can't explain it because she never physically was here with us. It's unexplainable the feeling of love I have for a baby I never have met and never will. My heart hurts for the loss of her. Sure, we'll have other children, I believe it with all my heart. But, I will never ever have another Lillian and that's what gets me. I'm not sad for her, but sad that I missed out. She was made and created from my husband and I and that is so very very special. I'm so proud to be able to call myself her mommy because she was such a special girl. She's touched so many different people and more so than I'll ever know. I pray everyday that God will help me tell our story in a way that will bring others closer to Him and that Lillian's legacy will continue to go on. I need her leaving us to have a purpose because the pain of losing her for no reason is unbearable. I'm still struggling with the emptiness of our arms, hearts, house, and lives. That little girl had a big place here and now that place is a gaping hole. It's made me a different person, I sometimes feel so delicate that I cannot function in everyday society. I have been contemplating getting a job but wish I could tell a future employer, "I just had a major loss 3 months ago so please excuse my emotional instability and go easy on me." But, that's not how life works. So I debate on whether I'm strong enough to go to a brand new place and handle even more stress when my life is already at a solid 10 on the stress level. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming. Prayers are always welcomed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment