I cannot believe the people God sent to us while we were going through such a hard time. He sent us Pastor D whom I know was the absolutely perfect match for us. I know God sent him to us to help us get through this awful time. Just
how he sent us our wonderful nurse Janice on the day she was born,
and we have a wonderful doctor whom I wouldn't trade for anyone! My
mom found the most perfect florist after going to 3 different places
and she was so sweet. The first thing she asked after learning
about our situation was, "What's her [the baby's] name?"
She then proceeded to patiently listen to my mom about all the
details we wanted to incorporate into the flower arrangements. She
helped my mom stick to a budget and did such a wonderful job. The
flowers were absolutely gorgeous. There was also the woman who helped Brian get his suit (even though it did cost an arm and a leg).
She made sure it was done the next day and he looked so sharp
in it (I'm a little biased though). My wonderful photographer
friend got us some priceless shots of the funeral so we can always
remember. I connected with the bereavement photo editor through email when she was working Lillian's pictures from the hospital. She has such a difficult job as she only edits the bereavement pictures. At the time she received Lillian's pictures, she was going through a hard time herself. She had just lost someone close to her and was taking some time off to deal with her loss. Yet she still found time to edit a couple pictures in time to have them for our funeral. I messaged back and forth to her to see how she was doing and give her some encouragement which she happily returned. The whole team at the funeral home was such a blessing! They were so great to us and really helpful. At one point, they had to remake all our programs because there was an issue with something on it and they just replaced them for free. They were so great.
Don't even get me started on family. I would have been lost without all their help and support. Our parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, extended family, friends, and even people that barely knew us stepped up to do anything they could. I can never repay anyone for their kindness and only hope that one day I can be a blessing to them as much as they were to us. Our parents were simply amazing through all of this. Anything we needed, it was done. I can never thank them enough. I love them more than words can say and I hope one day soon we can bless them with a healthy grandchild for them to love on and hold. Our siblings were definitely rocks through it all. No matter how hard it was to face, they were there with us through everything. I love them so much and can't imagine doing any of this without them. There's just so many that have contributed to us in some way or another that really lightened our load for sure. Whether it be gift cards, donations, prayers, or food, it was ALL such a blessing and I pray that those who stepped up in any way will also be blessed. I love you all and thank you for continuing to read about our daughter's story. I wish I had a happier story to tell but this is what life dealt us and we're coping. I hope that this blog can help others to stay strong and cling to God in not only times of need, but times of blessing. I know and believe in my heart that God had a purpose for Lillian and it's still in effect. He also has a plan for us and life after Lillian and I pray it brings some wonderful blessings. I made sure to tell God next time around it would be okay if I had two babies at a time ;) We'll see if He thinks that's a good idea or not. I still keep Lillian so close to me and her memory will always live in our hearts. I continue to have new things come up that either make me think of her, miss her, or just know that she's still with us and I'll continue to share them on this blog. Please keep reading on, I like to know that others are still thinking of her too. Love you all!! Be blessed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment