Monday, October 15, 2012

With me everywhere

So most of you already know that Brian and I went on a short trip to Austin this past weekend. Before we even left, I told Brian that this trip was for him and I wanted him to have a good time.  We were going to visit some of his good friends from college and even though they are great friends, I have approx zero in common with them. 
You know how they say opposites attract? Brian and I are the epitome of this old saying.  He is a very wonderful and caring husband but our commonalities stop after our relationship. I love him, he loves me, we share the same beliefs and morals in all the important areas but my idea of fun and his idea of fun are far from similar. It keeps life interesting! So that being said, we were on our way to hang out with a bunch of people who share his interests but I was happy to go along and keep myself entertained.  Plus, Brian took me to the Coach store so that never hurt anything :)
On our outings in Austin, we went to a comic book store, a video game store, and a store that had anything and everything a nerd could wish for... I say that from a place of love.  It was a great time for Brian and he found a few things he couldn't live without but I didn't need any  superhero memorabilia, dice, card games, or comic  books.  I was still wandering around and browsing. All the sudden, something jumped out at me in a bin full of finger puppets. Something red with black polka dots... I snatched it up and made a beeline for Brian. He saw my excitement as I placed it in his hands. "A ladybug!" He pulled out his wallet and went and paid for it. I was so excited, I didn't even check the price (very rare for me)!  We headed out the door and not 5 minutes later, my friend texted me that when she was reading a book to her son, there was a page with ladybugs. She sent me a picture of two big ladybugs. I just knew it wasn't a coincidence.  Those were my only 2 ladybugs I got over the weekend and they just "happened" to pop up within 5 minutes of each other. I live for these moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment