Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I swear I am not making this stuff up!

Okay you guys, you have got to believe me.  I'm not going crazy, but these ladybugs are seriously taking over.  I have witnesses :)

Today at school we were sitting at the snack table with the three year olds and chatting about life over graham crackers and icing.  The teacher in my room asked one of the kiddos, "So, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
I'm not kidding you guys.  She replied, "A ladybug."
The teacher and I just smiled at each other knowing that my little girly was with us.
Teacher: "You want to be a ladybug?  Do you think a little girl can grow up to be a ladybug?"  Not realizing what she was saying, she then thought about it and shot me a smile realizing the weight of that statement.
The little girl went on to explain that she had wanted to be a ladybug for Halloween.  That's what she meant when she said she wanted to be a ladybug when she grew up.  Even though she meant that she was going to be a ladybug for Halloween, it still melts my heart!  Of all the things a little girl would choose to respond to that question, I sure love that one :)

Okay, so my daughter isn't TECHNICALLY a ladybug but she sure does love them!  I've gotten my fair share in these last few days and I absolutely LOVE it!

Later on another child told us that there was a ladybug in the room but referring to a fly.  I'm sure she just heard us talking about ladybugs before and it was stuck in her mind but it sure was nice to hear it anyways.

At the end of the day, my teacher was looking through her desk for some stickers and saw these:

She decided I could use them more and handed them to me because she's just amazing like that!  



No comments:

Post a Comment