Monday, May 12, 2014

My Mother's Day was just fabulous.  I can't say anything extravagant or spectacular occurred, but it was my favorite so far!  My first Mother's Day was only a month after losing Lillian.  I can safely say that will be my worst Mother's Day of my life.  My family took special care to acknowledge the fact that I'm still a mommy, but it was still just heartbreaking. My second Mother's Day, I was about 4 months pregnant with Evan.  I loved being a mommy to two precious babies, but neither were in my arms!  This year, I got to celebrate with the sweetest, snuggliest, most handsome guy around.  He was my favorite gift!  We also had our dedication at church this day, which just makes the day even more special.  I got to stand alongside my husband and introduce our son to the church and pledge to raise our child to love God and raise him up to know Christ.  All of our family came to support us and pray over us, which was such a bittersweet moment.  I wholly know that one of the hands laid on us was from Evan's big sister.  We never got a ceremony to dedicate her to God, mostly because she doesn't need one.  She is with Him!  We couldn't raise her to know Him near as well as she does now.  She's the one teaching us!  I had such a sweet time with family and am so grateful for the wonderful moms in my life.  I'm especially grateful for the little girl who made me a mom.  She has and will always hold a piece of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment