Friday, May 31, 2013

Bumblebee...... BOY!

A few weeks ago I had my appointment with our 18 week ultrasound.  I was so ready to know if we had another little girl joining our family or if I would break the 4 generation streak of all girls with the first boy.  We learned that we are, in fact, breaking records.  Bumblebee is a healthy little boy!

The day of our appointment was surprisingly uneventful.  I was of course so ready to find out but it hadn't quite hit me that we were going that day.  I've said it before, but we take life as it comes.  The morning of our appointment, I went about my work like normal and didn't think about it too much.  That all changed once it was time to leave and go to my doctor's.  I walked out the door and I called Brian.  I was so giddy!!  In less than an hour, we'd know!  Brian met me at home so we could ride together and he was just as psyched.  We had a nice, talkative drive up to the doctor's office and we could barely contain our excitement.  I checked in a little early and within about 15 minutes, our favorite ultrasound tech poked her head around the corner and called my name!  I hopped out of my seat and followed her to the back.  She asked, "So, are we finding out the sex today?"  In which I eagerly responded, "YES!"  I told her that we had a party planned right afterwards so I hoped baby would cooperate.  She told us that she wouldn't let us leave without finding out, especially since we've got a party waiting for us at home.  
We went into the dark little room which houses a reclining bed, a fancy computer, a big t.v. and some chairs.   I assumed my position and anxiously waited for her to squirt the warm goo on my tummy.  As soon as she put the wand down, it was in the PERFECT position to see the goods.  She said, "Oh, I think we're going to be able to find out right now actually!"  YAYAYAYAYAY, the moment I've been waiting for!  So, she moved it around a little bit and got a good angle and she didn't even have to say anything, we could see plain as day.  The first thing that popped out of my mouth was, "Oh my gosh... That's a thing!!"  She laughed at me and said, "Yup, it's a little boy!"  I was in complete shock.  Like, seriously, utter shock.  I was sure that it was a little girl and called him a "she" up unto that point.  Sorry little guy!  Brian just laughed at me.  All that ran through my head was how much shopping I needed to do.  We have everything pink at our house.  Our little boy couldn't wear any of Lillian's clothes.  So much shopping to do!

Our little son was so precious.  After seeing the "goods", we saw his heartbeat and feet and of course his sweet little face.  He was all curled up and didn't want to show us much more than that.  She couldn't get all the measurements that she needed because he was so shy.  At one point, the tech said, "Uhh, how's your bladder?"  I said, "I need to pee!!"  They told me to come in with a full bladder but I guess I was an overachiever because it was blocking the view to his face.  She let me go empty my bladder in hopes that we'd be able to see him better.  When I came back, we couldn't see him a whole lot better.  We got some good pictures and since I'll have more ultrasounds later, they can get those measurements later on.  

All the sudden, I remembered about the little blood collection.  I asked her about it and if the blood was still there.  She said that it was gone and that it must have dissolved.  Praise God!! I knew it wasn't anything to worry about but it sure felt good to hear that it was gone.  I walked out of that appointment with Brian holding one hand and the pictures of our son in the other.  I probably still had a look of shock on my face but all that mattered was that our little baby was healthy.  I was such a happy momma!







The little hand is pointing right to his little parts.

Evan means "God is gracious"
Scott is my dad's and father in law's middle name

My favorite pic!

I can't wait to kiss these little toes






 Now, here's a super cool story.  My gma cut this out of the paper and saved it for me.  I thought it was cute and I hung it up on my fridge.  The pic says "Mommy, is this a ladybug or a gentlemanbug?"  I didn't notice until I was looking at it yesterday that the date was the same exact day we found out the sex of Bumblebee.  Lillian sent this to us without a doubt!


No comments:

Post a Comment