So, today is our 11 month mark since Lillian was born. I started off the day feeling down and a little sad. The closer we approach the one year mark, the more I'm thinking about her. I'm sure these pregnancy hormones aren't helping either. Along with it being 11 months since we've held our firstborn, today we start our 8th week in our second pregnancy. Lots of feelings to go around. With the combination of everything, today was just kind of a down day. We made our weekly trip to the cemetery to talk to our little one and tell her that we love her and miss her. Later, we came home to eat lunch, take a nap, and later get some groceries.
It was on this grocery trip where our little girl surprised us. We were heading to the checkout lines and I was gazing at all the flowers, when Brian said, "Look, there's some ladybug balloons." But, I couldn't look. I had just stepped on something and it was stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I steadied myself by holding his arm and lifted my foot up to see what it was and I could NOT believe my eyes!!! A little wooden ladybug was stuck on the bottom of my shoe! Brian looked down and saw it the same time I did. He started laughing and said, "Where did that come from? Where did you get that?" I couldn't stop giggling to answer him. I finally responded, "From Lillian!" I quickly pocketed the little bug (shhhh!) and we were laughing with amazement all the way out of the store. I couldn't believe that she sent me a ladybug to step on! It had a sticky on the back of it so it had to have been upside down for me to step on it and it stay on my shoe. If it hadn't stuck, I would have just kept on walking. I LOVE MY DAUGHTER!
The funny thing was, when we left the store, the security alarm went off. I know that this didn't set it off but it still made me laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment