Alright, cut to the story before I don't have a chance to finish it :P
This goes back to last month when we were visiting our wonderful friends in KC (shout out to our counterparts!) and I was spending time with my best friend doing what we do best, bargain shop! Those of you who don't know the art of garage saling, it is quite an addictive one. My best friend and I made a day out of it after leaving four little ones in the daddies' care and fueling ourselves up on coffee. We drove around and visited with each other about little things and life and the big things in life, and everything in between. We'd get out and pause our conversation long enough to peruse knick-knacks and baby stuff, but then when we got back in the car we would pick right up again where we left off. One particular garage sale that we stopped at had a bake sale which looked to be a fundraiser of some sort. I grabbed a couple of books and spoke with the owner of the house and she prompted me to "take them all!" I couldn't pass up that kind of deal, so I grabbed the stack of books and paid for them and then walked over to the bake sale table. We visited some more with the owner and learned that the fundraiser was for a children's hospital where her daughter was a patient in years prior. She then went on to tell us that she had started an organization that offered support for families that were in similar situations to one they had faced. She also told us that unfortunately her daughter had passed away and showed us her two beautiful rainbow babies toddling around the driveway. I don't usually tell strangers my story unless I feel God pushing me to do so. So I mentioned Lillian, and told her that I, too, had an "angel baby". I commended her for doing something so great out of their terrible situation and helping other people through something so devastating. I had that feeling in my heart that tells me that God is prompting me. I felt so fulfilled after talking to her, and handed her a couple dollars donation. She offered a couple cookies to take with us since we donated and I turned down a bracelet, since I just wanted to give a donation. My friend and I walked away with full hearts after hearing that uplifting story and started back towards her car. As I approached the passenger side door, I looked down at the curb and there was one of the fund raising bracelets sitting in the grass. No one was even close to the car, so I picked it up and looked at it. It read, "forever in our hearts". I got in the car and excitedly showed my friend. "I think it's from Lillian!" It warmed my heart so much to get such a perfect sign from her. But of course, that isn't all. I went through the stack of books that I bought. My favorite one was titled, "Lily the ladybug"
Perfection.
Perfection.

No comments:
Post a Comment