Saturday, November 1, 2014

WAAAAY overdue for a post!

So much has happened since I updated last!  We found out a few weeks ago that little dragonfly is another...B-O-Y!!  I had NO inkling of what baby was gonna be and I wouldn't even guess because I insisted to Brian that our little Bumblebee was a girl for half the pregnancy. Big surprise to me, we had a little bumblebee boy.  I learned my lesson and wouldn't dare mutter a guess this time.  Either way, I was ready to find out though!  This pregnancy has gone by so incredibly fast so far.  I've been running around after a toddler most of the time so it's easy to get lost in the weeks.  When it came find to time out the sex of the baby, it seemed surreal that we were already at 20 weeks!  I was thrilled to see little dragonfly was very cooperative and is a handsome little guy.  At the ultrasound, we got to see all his growing little features, which look so different than the first time we saw him.  He got a good report and is growing nice and healthy.  Brian and I also noticed that we can see a difference in his profile, he looks different than Evan already.  I can't wait to see his perfect little face in about 16(ish) weeks!
I'm so incredibly thankful that God chose Allan to join this family.  A lot of times people will answer the seemingly innocent question, "what do you want to have?" They expect to hear either "boy" or "girl" but most people will answer with the safe answer, "a healthy baby!"  I always resort to the latter answer but I truly mean it.  I literally could not care less whether baby was a boy or a girl.  I want them to be a healthy and happy child and one who God has chosen to place in our care.  I was not disappointed that this baby was a little boy, I'm disappointed that my girl is not here.  So, no, we were not "trying" for another girl.  We were wanting another child to join us, no matter what sex he or she be.  We felt God had placed it on our hearts to have another child right away and decided to do so.  I will say, I do think that God has plans for us to have another little girl in the future (eventually).  I just feel it in my heart.  My heart longs for the daughter I lost and I will never ever be able to fill her void, but for whatever reason, God has chosen boys to be in our lives right now and I am happy to be their mommy!
As you may have noticed, we chose the name "Allan" for baby number three.  There were a few reasons why we chose this name and why we thought God had given this name to us.  First of all, the meanings of names are so important to us.  When you speak, there is power in your words.  When we say our children's names, we want there to be meaning behind it, something positive.  Another reason we chose it, is kind of silly.  It's mostly on my account too.  We had the trend of Brian and I (Jordan) having names that end with "n".  After we named Lillian with a name that followed the trend, I had to keep going.  So I insisted that the rest of the children have names that end with "n" and we had to agree on something that had an appropriate meaning to it.  The meanings to their names are:
"Lillian"- Innocence, Purity, Beauty
"Evan"- God is gracious
"Allan"-Harmony, stone, noble, and handsome
I think they all fit them perfectly and I know once we grow to know Allan more, we will see that his personality will grow along with the meaning of his name.  He already brings more harmony to our family with his presence and I know he's already handsome!  Just look at this face!



No comments:

Post a Comment